THREE PHASE, SPLIT CONFIGURED ELECTRICITY PREPAID METERS WITH TAMPER STATE PROTECTION
The BEC33 prepaid meters are three phase four wire, Class 2, spilt configured prepaid electricity meters that provides a cost effective control of loads of up to 100 Amps per phase, and is an ideal unit for light industrial applications requiring enhanced security and convenience.
Prepaid Meters Features
- Thermal protection of terminals
- Optional tamper detection
- Optional intelligent commissioning
- Programmable power and current overload functionally
- Programmable load unbalance trip setting
- Operates in extreme supply conditions
- Transformer less power supply for improved reliability
- Low Lb rating (10A) starting current 50mA
- Meter fully operational with only a single phase powered
- Configurable supply suspension if a phase lost
- Displays user consumption and configuration information
- STS compliant encryption
- Calibration retained over the life of the meter
- Optional audible feedback on the UIU
- Manufactured to ISO 900012000 and ISO 14001 standards
Full Description of this Prepaid Meter
The BEC33 meters are three phase four wire, Class 2, spilt configured prepayment electricity meters that provides a cost effective control of loads of up to 100 Amps per phase, and is an ideal unit for light industrial applications requiring enhanced security and convenience.
The spilt meter is unique in that it separates the User Interface Unit (UIU) from the Measurement and Control Unit (MCU). This allows utilities to mount the MCU in a location where it is readily accessible, while the UIU is installed at a point of convenience within the customers premises. The UIU draws its power from the MCU via the current loop communication link.
Measurement and Control Unit (MCU)
The MCU contains the measurement and control circuits. This includes the power supply, reset circuit, disconnection circuitry, three disconnection switches rated at 100 Amps and thermal protection circuitry.
User Interface Unit (UIU)
The UIU provides the user with convenient interface to the remote MCU. A user friendly interface is ensured though the large format custom designed LCD display, a visual consumption rate LED and numeric keypad data entry terminal.
Each meter has security key and credit is entered into the meter in the form of a secure 20 digit token, though the numeric keypad. Secure data transfer takes place via and encryption and algorithm included within the Standard Transfer Specification (STS) and all correctly entered meter specific tokens are registered, eliminating token fraud.
Printed circuit boards are conformal coated , providing protection against insects, dust and humidity.
The 5Ka/5Kv surge arrestors provide protection against lightning and voltage surges and the meter can withstand an over voltage 420 volts for a period of 48 hours.