SINGLE PHASE STS PRE-PAYMENT ELECTRICITY METER WITH A DIN RAIL MOUNTING
The BEC 44 Prepaid Meter is a single-phase STS pre-payment electricity meter with a DIN rail mounting and is ideal for residential applications.
The solution comprises two elements, these being a Measurement Control Unit (MCU), more commonly known as the meter, along with a Wireless User Interface Unit (UIU) which is the consumer’s keypad interface.
The installation is termed “split” or “split metering”, as the metering device is separated from the keypad. The meter is housed outside the consumer’s premises, for example in a metering kiosk or metering chamber.
The keypad is installed in the consumer’s premises for easy user access. The keypad is used by consumers to enter their electricity tokens, to view the amount of units left, and other functional abilities. The consumer is provided with the wireless keypad with which to enter tokens and check consumption and units remaining.
The BEC 44 wireless range has been designed for reliability in the RF (radio frequency) electricity metering market. The radio frequency is what provides superior communication options in the wireless range.
The BEC 44 solution provides a number of innovations. The wireless meters provide the building blocks for a full AMI solution, with demand side management and more. Further, the device has over 50 programmable functions, which provides a high level of customisation for utilities around the world.
Prepaid Meters Features
- Split wireless configuration
- Reverse energy detection
- Intelligent commissioning procedure
- Ability to display the last ten meter specific tokens and the credit transfer amounts
- Programmable overload
- Low base current measurement
- Industry standard din rail mounting
- Calibration retained over life of meter
- Transformer less power supply for improved reliability
- High level of lighting and surge protection
- Tactile feedback numeric keypad
- STS compliant encryption
- Manufactured to ISO 9001 2000 and ISO 14001 standards